the story room

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I planted this seed!

In my biology class this past year, we did an experiment where my lab partner and I grew cucumber plants. I loved those plants and wanted to see them flourish, so every time I went to the greenhouse to water them I sang to them, spoke to them, and sometimes blessed them. (Yes, it's dorky...I know.)

At the end of the experiment, I gave my plants to one of my professors who loves to garden. Despite my prayers, they were very sickly (I kept them in a small pot much too long), and I was told they had maybe a 5% chance of survival.

Yesterday that professor called me to his office and gave me this:
















I was so excited that I had to share!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin Marshalek said...

Cara,

Yes, I enjoyed biology, too. It was so neat that we actually had a class together!

About the pictures...I'm glad you like them. I've found it's much easier than writing. However, I'm determined to write more than I post pictures. After a certain amount of written entries, I'll share pictures to reward myself. : )

09 August, 2006 11:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home