the story room

Saturday, September 30, 2006

an experiment...

Although I've been blogging now for almost two years, I'm still working on figuring out what exactly I'm doing.

I've noticed that I have the tendency to write about a story and then sum it up by sharing what I've learned from it. And I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

However, my mind is filled with memories that I don't know how to neatly conclude. Some of them are huge memories that have impacted me greatly...but a lot of them are small memories of seeming insignificance. But they've stayed with me a long time, and I have a feeling they've affected me, too, though I'm not even sure how. The 'insignificant' ones are what I'm interested in now.

I've tried writing essays about them for myself...but they seem so small that I really have no idea what to say about them. But I'm going to try to share them here...with no attempt to give any sort of analyses, reflections, or conclusions unless they're abundantly clear to me.

And we'll see how it goes...

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin Marshalek said...

Matt, it's good to hear from you!

I'm doing well; I really enjoy Calvin a lot.

I will email you sometime very soon...as soon as I get through these couple days of midterms.

Oh, and I've been reading your xanga. We should talk sometime...

04 October, 2006 17:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home