the story room

Friday, December 02, 2005

Lord, have mercy...

I've been at a loss for words all semester. It's evidenced here, and also in my journal. I'm thinking about a lot, but have been having a hard time expressing it.

It's evidenced, too, in my prayers. My desire to pray has been so strong, but when it comes to voicing something, I almost always end up silent.

Last night, I was with a bunch of theology students, talking about the Jesus Prayer: "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner." I appreciate that so much because it puts into words the prayers I've been wordlessly expressing the past few months. I appreciate it, too, because it reminds me of my place before God: one in so much need of mercy, in the presence of the Living God, who loves her tremendously. And it also reminds me of my place with others: sharing life together, all in need of both God's mercy and each other's mercy. I'm grateful for that reality and truth, and grateful to see from that perspective.


And indeed...
Lord, have mercy on us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home