the story room

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Asia on my mind

It's amazing how little a tragedy half a world away affects me. When my mom first told me about it the other night, I didn't realize how big of a deal this was. And even now, though I know how big it is, I'm at a loss for what to do, and even what to think. My thoughts and prayers can't seem to get past, "Oh wow. Father, help them. Good God, have mercy."

I found a prayer by Richard Foster that speaks to this, but what stands out to me the most is the first line: "Stir me, O LORD, to care." Indeed, stir us, O LORD, to care.

One more thing. I have a professor who's from Indonesia and is over there right now visiting family. I think he's on the island of Java (which is a good sign, I think), but I'm not sure. Could you guys please stop and say a prayer for Dr. T. and his family right now? Thanks, guys; I appreciate that a lot.

Grace and peace to you today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home