the story room

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

This is why I love college...

Every Wednesday afternoon, one of my profs hosts "Honors Tea" in his office. It's a time for all the students in the honors program to get together, eat some food, and enjoy each other's company.

I had so much fun today! At my request, we listened to an awful version of "Leise rieselt der Schnee" (it's hilarious, though!), spent time laughing and telling stories, and watching lots of our profs give each other crap (in the same kind of way my friends and I give each other crap). We also had a rather intense conversation about violence and being desensitized (sp?)...and I really appreciate how everybody's views were welcome and respected even when we disagreed.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there was something about our time that made my night. It was nothing spectacular, really, but it was an expression of family. (And maybe I'm also just a big nerd and love hanging out with friends and professors!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin Marshalek said...

Ray, I definitely agree with you here. The older I get, the more I appreciate the little things...they hold so much value. Those are the things we live for most of all, I think.

Thanks, by the way, for coming to my blog. That's really cool. :-)

22 December, 2004 09:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home