the story room

Saturday, November 27, 2004

I spent a few hours tonight reading Augustine's Enchiridion on Faith, Hope, and Love for a paper that's due on Wednesday. I should know by now that God sneaks up in unexpected places like my homework, but it still hits me pretty hard sometimes.

There's this section where he writes about praying the Lord's prayer, and how all the faithful need to do is ask God for forgiveness and He grants it to us...provided that we also forgive those who sin against us.

As I was reading, I realized the beauty of forgivness...God's forgiveness to us, and also our forgiveness to others, and how that's such an act of love.

It also opened my eyes to a couple situations that I realized I never quite let go of, and people I need to forgive. I've cared about myself and my feelings so much that I've gotten defensive and haven't been able to move on from some situations where I've been hurt, even though they seem small looking back on them now. It's time to stop being stuck there.

Father, please forgive our sins, as we also forgive those who sin against us.

Thank you so much, Father. You're so good to us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Clawson said...

See, isn't reading good theology/philosophy a great thing! :)

29 November, 2004 11:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home