Why this weekend was good
Wow...even though I did a ton of work this weekend, I had a lot of fun, too. It's amazing how much fun you can have with good friends who share your sense of adventure, joy, and, well, dorkiness. The highlights include:
- Not going to formal, and instead eating cereal and sandwiches while working on homework. (It felt like a flash to our futures at seminary!)
- Venturing off the proverbial (and literal) beaten path. We crossed the other side of the creek in the Trinity Trail, explored the new territory...and probably trespassed.
- Making friends with some ducks. They have names now. :-)
- Having a spaz when trying to cross the creek on the way back...ended up knee-deep in water. (Yeah...that one was only me!)
- Creeping into the classroom building at 9:00 on a Sunday night, did some imagining and dreaming, and had an unexpected but welcome glimpse of our futures.
In conclusion, I love life and Amanda. Amen. ;-)