the story room

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Simple and True

Sometimes it's important to remember simple things, I think. I know it's important for me to do that, especially since I have a tendency to overcomplicate things. Sometimes it's good to hear something simple and true, and then to simply live in response to that truth.

On Sunday, our pastor preached on Psalm 121. It was a way to remember God's faithfulness to us in the past, and to also strengthen our faith in His continued care. Here's the psalm:


I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip - the one who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, the one who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

The LORD watches over you - the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.

The LORD will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.


Our Father has taken care of us up until this point, and watches over us still. I'm grateful that I can have faith in His constant protection, love, and care.

Not new or terribly profound, I know . . . but important still.